Thursday 13 August 2015

Car Registration Renewal, UAE

From financial point of view last month was worst for me, my car registration was expired and i thought to renew it, i paid for the insurance and over speeding fines before going for registration, in fact it was due to fines that i didn't go for renewal in time otherwise registration do not costs you a lot.

At the registration office i got the token and left my car in the inspection & testing bay and went inside the waiting lounge to get my test certificate. A shock was waiting for me, the woman handed me the test report and told its fail. This was the news i wasn't expecting. After reading the report i found it was due to rear tires both needed to be replaced.

I went to the tire replacement shop and asked them about the price, earlier i thought to change only two but then i decided to change all four. Got four new tires and went back again for inspection. I was praying to get a pass certificate this time, which i did. Later i waited for almost two hours for my turn to get to counter and get my new registration card.

Before i left for registration office i expected to come back in two hours but unfortunately it took me six hours.

My advice is to avoid over speeding, always look for speed limit when you go to a new road or when you are unsure of speed limit, inside city do not go above 80 in all cases you never know where is the camera. Before entering any city like abu dhabi, fujairah try not to go above 100.
For tire replacement better to go to ENOC, Emarat they have tires in different price range and they offer tire change and balancing after every 10,000km.

I got my insurance from RAK bank, i guess many other banks also offer car insurance and price range is almost same for all except those who getting from Zurich insurance which is super expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strangling Corona

In the current scenario, when whole world is screaming to avoid social gathering, we in Pakistan are adamant to go against it and are on th...